Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smd component. is this a resistor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

Not exactly sure what this component is, my guess it is a resistor, but could be a diode too with the band on one side.
Anyone knows ?!

It is on a SCADA circuit board, we had some fail and repaired and were charged megabucks for what I think would be an easy repair.

Also what value 16 k.Ohms or 10 k.Ohms

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0113b.jpg
    IMG_0113b.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0114a.jpg
    IMG_0114a.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 178
Rod,
my guess would be 10 micro farad 16 volt capacitors.
Unlikely to be diodes cos they are in parallel.

looks like these things are foreign to the original manufacture.
The band suggests that either the things are polarity sensitive (electrolytics), or the band indicates the earth connection for shielding reasons.

Rod,

The band suggests that either the things are polarity sensitive (electrolytics), or the band indicates the earth connection for shielding reasons.

Thanks, it is possible. Could be a Tantalum now you triggered my mind.
See what other comments I get
Thanks anyway

Rod,

On tantalums, the band is more positive than the non-banded end. In other words, it is not earthed unless the other connection is more negative.

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalum_capacitor

John

I agree that they are 16V tantalum caps. But the 107 value code means 100uF, not 10uF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back