Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SmartGun build help with camera system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGus

Hello, I am working on a smartgun for airsoft to be the biggest baddest cosplayer you've ever seen, on an airsoft feild.
What I want to do is link a camera up to an lcd or other screen so I can use that to fire and not aim down the nonexistent sites.

I found this camera and it looks nice for what I want
**broken link removed**
its nice because of the price and I can shoot people in the dark giving me the big advantage over 99% of the players Except this one guy who is a ninja hes super bada$$ but that's not the point.

I am also looking for something to plug this into so I can see the live stream I dont need any storage just the feed I was thinking of an lcd screen but I dont know which one and also how to hook them together at all. I would be nice to just plug and play, but I dont think that will happen. something like this would be fantastic
https://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/LCD-101/256-X-128-LCD-PANEL/1.html or the size of an iphone or even some how to hook up an old phones or one of those prepaid phones up to the camera and use that for the display that would be cool as well.

Wow this site has fractions instead of emot icons.... ½

It takes a fair amount of specialized electronics to convert a standard TV composite signal to drive a standard LCD panel. The easiest would be to buy a small TV such as this or this, which has a direct input for the composite signal.

Ok after some stumbling around I found something that might work for me and I would like an opinion on if this would work or not.
For the screen I would like to use one of these
**broken link removed**

for the camera the same one found here
**broken link removed**

and then I would use this adapter/converter to just plug the camera into the lcd monitor
https://www.google.com/products/cat...=X&ei=aF1yTvqjMc-1tgeX1rDsCQ&ved=0CMYBEPMCMAQ

I think that would work, but Im not too sure about that it seams too simple to me.

Those types of displays can't see in the dark, not without massive near IR illumination at least. You're trying to come up with an overly complicated device that in reality will probably never work, why don't you just add sites to the gun you have? All you need is a couple pairs of plyer tin snips and a couple of pipe clamps from a hardware store.

Seems like Carl's idea would do it. You might need to build an IR array to get the range you want.

Ok after some stumbling around I found something that might work for me and I would like an opinion on if this would work or not.
For the screen I would like to use one of these
**broken link removed**

for the camera the same one found here
**broken link removed**

and then I would use this adapter/converter to just plug the camera into the lcd monitor
https://www.google.com/products/cat...=X&ei=aF1yTvqjMc-1tgeX1rDsCQ&ved=0CMYBEPMCMAQ

I think that would work, but Im not too sure about that it seams too simple to me.

Seems simple because it is. I've had systems like this, minus the convertor and VGA monitor. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, however.

I've also used small monitors, like Carl has shown. Doesn't need to be an actualy TV, just a monitor. That would eliminate the need for the convertor.

PS: That camera seems kind'a bulky. Check out small security cameras. Than can be quite streamlined, and provide decent quality video. Note I said decent, not excellent.

Last edited:
Hi guys I would like the thank everyone who has helped me get this project under way. I found the solution to the problem I think that this will work just fine. Using crutschow of pluging it into a small tv I went to find some small tv with an RCA connector and I did with a lot of looking and it could be found here **broken link removed**
this will actually accept RCA input directly so that a big time saver and help. Yeah google.
Thanks again everyone for your help.
Now my next project building the perfect robot girlfriend I mean come on that why I got into electronics and computer science in the first place right? not to better humanity.

Hi guys I would like the thank everyone who has helped me get this project under way. I found the solution to the problem I think that this will work just fine. Using crutschow of pluging it into a small tv I went to find some small tv with an RCA connector and I did with a lot of looking and it could be found here **broken link removed**
this will actually accept RCA input directly so that a big time saver and help. Yeah google.
Thanks again everyone for your help.
Now my next project building the perfect robot girlfriend I mean come on that why I got into electronics and computer science in the first place right? not to better humanity.
I checked the data sheet for the display you referenced and I do not see where it can accept a standard NTSC video input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back