Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SmartCard Reader (Device) Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hi,

here in my country they have a new citizen ID card, that has a Java Smart card inside, neat, but the thing is, Portugal's Mafia is more complex than Italian's Mafia... So, here's what I need and I already googled it over and over again... I need a Smart Card Reader Emulator !

I need a program that simulates a Smart Card reader connected to my machine, so that when I try to send commands to the "real" Smart Card I can catch the APDU commands, which I already requested to the guys that are responsible for the citizens card project, however no answer from them... Typical, probably there are other hidden interests...

The main idea is to know how to read the basic non encrypted data from the card, that means, the Citizen ID, Social Security ID, etc... You get the picture...

Can someone help me with this?

I'm no good at developing windows drivers, so developing a Smart Card Reader driver to use it to simulate a real reader is (almost) out of the question...

But Lets hear your suggestions, I hope I do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back