Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart Solar Tracker !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVILBOY

hi everyone,

i'm new member here and i hope u guys can accept me here ^_^

will lets start the subject

i'm doing a final project which is about smart solar tracker

i saw many ideas but i want to add the ( SMART) part to my solar tracker

so if anyone have any ideas about smart solar tracker i'm glag to hear it

Before any will comment on your requirements apart from smart a** remarks...... I suggest you show us what you've done so far and where you are having trouble with. Don't expect to join a forum then ask for your final project to be handed to you on a platter.

Bryan

Hi,

a smart solar tracker is supposed to track the sun even if it's not visible to sensors (overcast sky).

The path of the sun differs daily (both azimuth and elevation) for any given latitude repeating precisely every year with a change of the "first point of Aries" every leap year.

You can apply two methods to calculate for the path of the sun:

Use the AIR ALMANACH and write a (huge) look up table or use calculation as used to make up the AIR ALMANACH.

To set the tracker for initial tracking determine the azimuth and elevation for any day, hour and minute and use the basic values (relative bearing to TRUE NORTH) to continue tracking on them.

E.g. latitude: 30degN, date: June 21: time 12:00 (high noon) Use the values of the AIR ALMANACH corrected for your latitude, date and time and hit the "TRACK" button.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back