Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

husain

Hello

I am doing my senior project which is RC boat, This project contain:

1) GPS to send the data to the computer.
2) depth sensor
3) underwater camera to take picture
4) Motor which controlled by computer
---
do you guys know what kinds of parts I need ?

also do guys know any place so I can get the underwater camera ?

any suggestions ?

GPS Module
Waterproof Transducer
Glue half of a large bubble float to the bottom of the boat with a small standard camera module inside and drill a hole in the hull for the wiring?
Motor and servo, a microcontroller and a big battery to run it all

Put together your controller, mount your sensors and modules on the boat, write up the code, draw flowcharts etc
When you have actually done that, someone here will perhaps help you get it working the way you want, until then Google is your friend...

rgds

GPS won't work underwater. The signals from the satellites will not travel more than a few mm through water.

Most underwater cameras are normal cameras in a waterproof housing. All you electronics will have to be waterproofed anyhow, so if you use a transparent housing, the camera can be in with the electronics.

I will buy RC boat, then I will cut off some wires inside. then I will wire the motor to micro controller and also the GPS and the transducer then I will use the zigbee connection to send the data to computer !! and also I will control the boat from the PC.

do guys have more ideas ?

also do guys have schematic to wire up some of these parts ?

Also I am looking for waterproof camera " Small one which will fit in the RC boat " and I could not find !

GPS won't work underwater. The signals from the satellites will not travel more than a few mm through water.

In fact GPS does work under water. The OP should get a GPS module with an external antenna connector. The external antenna should be mounted on the ship clear of water.

As I understand he's not building a submarine (U-boat).

Boncuk

yeah I am building an RC boat with some stuff on it !! but still working on the idea and get more information and details to start building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back