Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Wireless detonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bfish2007

I would like to know how to make a small one that is able to give a charge to beable to ignite an amount of gun powder, i have been thinking of many things how to but i dont really have one that is built or anything. and i am trying to make it work from a good enough distance. Any ideas or a way to get one that will work about 99.99% of the time. I already have a corded one with speaker wire which works but it envoles a way that you have to something else to make it work successfully.

Hey Bfish,

If you search this forum you'll find quite a few requests for something like this. I think people will be reluctant to help with this over the net, partially because (and don't take this as an accusation) there really isn't any way to prove that your purpose is legit. This is the internet, and you could be anybody. :)

That said, there are lots of problems with this sort of thing anyway. You would want to make the trigger bulletproof. Your big worry wouldn't be making sure it works in 99.99% of cases; it would be making sure it *doesn't* detonate in 100% of cases when it shouldn't. Depending on the receiver design, any number of signal sources could potentially set the thing off by accident: cell phones, CB or ham radios, garage door openers, etc.

Beyond that I'm afraid I couldn't really help any further because my knowledge of radio is rudimentary at best.

Sorry 'bout that,

Torben

[Edit: Forgot a word.]

Last edited:
What exactly is this for? Sounds dangerous. Its certinly nothing I would volunteer information on without knowing that your not going to end up getting hurt or hurting others.

Leave the explosives to the pros.

Well I can only help as far as what I use to use for a time delay for cherry bombs in my youth :eek:

I would light a new cigarette and stick the fuse of the cherry bomb about an inch into it. It would give a good ten Min's of delay leaving me time to move away and join the unknowing crowd. Heck it would startle me as much as the others even though I knew it was coming. :p

Lefty

ok well i am not going to hurt myself i did this stuff since i was a kid, and i wont be hurting others either. its just the size of half a stick of dynamite or smaller.

Last edited:
Bfish2007 said:
ok well i am not going to hurt myself i did this stuff since i was a kid, and i wont be hurting others either. its just the size of half a stick of dynomite or smaller.

A half stick of dynamite will remove your arm no problem.

No one is going to want to touch this for numerous reasons. You still fail to say what your doing. If you had proper training in the explosives feild, you would know where to buy a ready made device. No one is going to help you design a circuit that if it failed, or otherwise didn't work properly, could kill or hurt somone.

Bfish2007 said:
ok well i am not going to hurt myself i did this stuff since i was a kid, and i wont be hurting others either. its just the size of half a stick of dynomite or smaller.

Dynamite isnt made of Black Powder. Its Made of Rainbows and sunshine.

If you did this since you were a kid, how could you get Dynamite and Gun Powder Mixed up?

i know its not just made out of black gun powder. when i was a kid we had fireworks at my house i would take the stuff out of them and put then in plastic containers and just put a footlong wick on them and just run, and they were in like tic tac boxes that we would tape and set up. and i was just was saying how big the loudness was. I was since i am into this kind of stuff i am doing this in my college degree trying to help with the military, with making new things for them. I also asked about this was becasue of it, i am just interested into just this stuff in general.

Last edited:
Bfish2007 said:
i know its not just made out of black gun powder. when i was a kid we had fireworks at my house i would take the stuff out of them and put then in plastic containers and just put a footlong wick on them and just run, and they were in like tic tac boxes that we would tape and set up. and i was just was saying how big the loudness was. I was since i am into this kind of stuff i am doing this in my college degree trying to help with the military, with making new things for them. I also asked about this was becasue of it, i am just interested into just this stuff in general.

But an Electronics Forum is not the place to ask stuff like this. There are MANY sites for what you seek on the internet. There is group in google dedicated to this stuff. I think its alt.explosives or alt.military. Try them instead of here.

justDIY said:
trying to help the military? that's a load if I ever heard one - the military doesn't need help blowin stuff up, unless by military you mean some radical 3rd world militia

Agreed! If you want to help the military, join the military! Then they provide the wireless detonators for you.

When I was a kid I made some nasty explosives. Nitro-glycerine was fun and I am still alive.
My bombs went straight up. My rockets exploded.

Regards to Osama Bin Laden.

Of course I can make small wireless detonators for him, but it will take US$ 100,000.00 (per minute).

When I was a kid I made some nasty explosives. Nitro-glycerine was fun and I am still alive.
My bombs went straight up. My rockets exploded.

I was just going through some old posts and found this. I think that your problem wasn't in the building, it was in the labeling.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back