Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small transmitter and receiver help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIlliamflock

Hello,

I need some advice.

I play a game called dic golf where we throw frisbees to a basket. In the summer, the foilage grows so thick, I spend alot of time looking for my discs, when the disc refuses to fly correctly.

I want to attach a transmitter to the disc, and be able to use a directional handheld recewiver to locate the dics.

The disc's weigh 140-190 grams. The transmitter has to be under 2 grams.
The receiver must be able to receive the signal from 20-30 feet.

Can anyone suggest a solution or a direction I might investigate to accomplish this.

Thanks
Bill

I appreciate the suggestion, but the size and weight would effect the flight too much.

I was thinking about those security stickers on items at retail stores. Anyone know the range? Price of handheld receiver/locator?

I appreciate the suggestion, but the size and weight would effect the flight too much.

you are not going to get anything much smaller that has any significant range

I was thinking about those security stickers on items at retail stores. Anyone know the range? Price of handheld receiver/locator?

RFID tags, at least the ones you are thinking of are passive, you wont detect them unless you are within a couple of metres which is still going to make them extremely difficult to locate in a lage grassed/bust covered area

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back