Small transmitter and receiver help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIlliamflock

Hello,

I need some advice.

I play a game called dic golf where we throw frisbees to a basket. In the summer, the foilage grows so thick, I spend alot of time looking for my discs, when the disc refuses to fly correctly.

I want to attach a transmitter to the disc, and be able to use a directional handheld recewiver to locate the dics.

The disc's weigh 140-190 grams. The transmitter has to be under 2 grams.
The receiver must be able to receive the signal from 20-30 feet.

Can anyone suggest a solution or a direction I might investigate to accomplish this.

Thanks
Bill

I appreciate the suggestion, but the size and weight would effect the flight too much.

I was thinking about those security stickers on items at retail stores. Anyone know the range? Price of handheld receiver/locator?

I appreciate the suggestion, but the size and weight would effect the flight too much.

you are not going to get anything much smaller that has any significant range

I was thinking about those security stickers on items at retail stores. Anyone know the range? Price of handheld receiver/locator?

RFID tags, at least the ones you are thinking of are passive, you wont detect them unless you are within a couple of metres which is still going to make them extremely difficult to locate in a lage grassed/bust covered area

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…