Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Sorta Basic Circuit (diodes, capacitors, resistors, relays....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack501

Hi. Im building a circuit for my project at school. I'm only 17 and my lack of electronics knowledge probably shows lol. i had some basic electronics in AP physics and i took two electronic classes at the college this year and thats all i have. anyway, i have attached a copy of the what i have gotten so far. I am wanting to use a 9v battery to power a coil of a TPDT relay (not on the schematic that i attached but will be in parallel with everything else) but also in the circuit i want to have a bi-color 2-lead LED which is green when the switch is closed and when the switch is opened i want the capacitor to power the red for a short period of time. I have gotten it to do this in multisim with the design have however, as i said before, i know little about electronics. For one i wanna know if there is possibly a better way to accomplish this? and i also want to know if it would even work? I know the capacitor in the circuit is probably incorrect i just picked one to try and get it to do what i needed it to so i was wondering which to use. i also have two Schottky diodes in the circuit to stop the relays from just switching on and of instantaneously. i dont know anything about diodes really besides that they only let current travel in one direction but i dont know how they affect the circuit overall. will they work? and which should i use. I noticed in simulation with the addition of diodes the capacitor charged less rapidly but also caused it to discharge slower. I only want the red LED to stay on for like 10 seconds or so. And as far as amperes go. with the setup i have, the amps are very high at first, way to much for a 9v battery, and not that low after a period of time either. I assume the type of capacitor and diodes use affect this greatly and i know i could add some resistors to get the total resistance up and the total amps down (im not exactly sure where they would be placed lol but im sure i could figure it out) and one last thing, I dont want the capacitor to take an hour to charge enough to run the led for 10 secs. Ok i know this is a ton of information and i apologize lol but please help me if you can.

Attachments

• {F0B8791D-AC5C-4FB1-A348-64767386EF24}.JPG
    {F0B8791D-AC5C-4FB1-A348-64767386EF24}.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 239
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back