Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small question about l6203 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

black-code

Hello all,..

I am using l6203 with atmega32 mc to make a speed control for a dc motor by using pwm technique.

1-
I want to ask when i connect the pin of the pwm to the l6203 h-bridge it shoul be connected to the in1 pin of the h-bridge and giving the another in2 pin 0 (reverse for the opposite direction) and the enable will be always high.

or:

2-
Connect the pwm pin to the enable pin of the h-bridge and make in1 high and in2 low (reverse the states of in1 and in2 for the opposite direction) ??

In my connections i used the second method, i am correct or not??

Hint: my h-bridge burned out many times but i wasn't connect the bootstrap capacitors at pins 4,8 so if applying pwm to the enable pin of the h-bridge may cause a damage to the h-bridge or the missing bootstrap capacitors is only the reason of that problem.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back