Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Panel PC - Parts anywhere to be found :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hi,
i'm projecting a new panel pc design for the industrial environment, i'm intend to use as the data processment system an SBC ITX compliant standard board, a LCD from 8" to 12" (still deciding) with TouchScreen (Sub-D for the VGA output and USB for the TouchScreen), i will also include an short range serial TTL RfID reader from Grand Ideia Studios (module can be found at Parallax website), well, possibly an backup battery too...

! THE PROBLEM !
The problem is that, till now i've found just one company here that supplys theese small OEM LCD Modules with TouchScreen, where can i find more, on Europe, with preference for Portugal (but all Europe is fine) ???

I have contacted this store and they have 8" LCD modules w/TouchScreen with the interfaces that i've explained (even not having those on the on-line store, they have them in stock, as they have confirmed), but it would be better if i designed the system with an bigger one such as 10" or 12" (widescreen's wellcome too)
https://micro-xpc.com/items/monitores/list.htm

If you know any store that sells (and bills, i don't whant crazy freight fees either) them on-line here on Europe, please share the info...

:)

Last edited:
I saw some 8", 13" and 19" touch screen panels from 3M .. some of them go to serial port, some of them to USB (the 8" one was going to rs232 iirc).. I bet you can find 3M distributor around Portugal. I know that guy's here get them from Hungary and that panels are expensive as hell. Maybe the best way is to go small ... you can get 8cm (3") glcd with touch panel cheep and then make (or get someone to make) simple PIC driven usb kontroller ... mikroe sells Graphic LCD 128x64 with TouchScreen for 24$ so you can probably get the same lcd+touchscreen for 10$... just build the simple controller and you have a nice "input/output" device without having to take up the screen from the GPU

Hi Tiago,

here is something for you, not too far away from Portugal - in Germany. The company is Electronic Assembly close to Munich (Gräfing).

They have a widespread offer of all kinds of displays and also touchscreens. You can download simulation software free and see what a specific screen can do (or not do) :) .

The complete address: http://www.electronic-assembly.de

In the meanwhile enjoy the screenshot.

May be we can get together with your project. I am concerned with building management systems and still looking for a reasonable computer system where to hook up all the sensors and activators.

Regards

Hans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back