Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

small kid robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
buy him/her/yourself a kit that everything on it. i that kid is very young (ender 10) then buy him legi Invention system with RCX (lego robotix). www.legomindstorms.com

most robots are far to complicated for kids, cause they need high programming languaga (C or assembler) and this is like chinease to those litte brats.

bloody-orc said:
most robots are far to complicated for kids, cause they need high programming languaga (C or assembler) and this is like chinease to those litte brats.
HEY! :shock: I started learning comp programming (C++) when I was 9, its not too hard, they just have to want to learn, lol.

Karaethon said:
bloody-orc said:
HEY! :shock: I started learning comp programming (C++) when I was 9, its not too hard, they just have to want to learn, lol.
clap.. clap.. clap....keep going :D . Are U a programmer ?

akg said:
Karaethon said:
bloody-orc said:
clap.. clap.. clap....keep going :D . Are U a programmer ?
lmao, well, ummm, yes. I'm currently working on a new game, based on the card game Weed!

A small kid robot, eh? Is that a robot for a small kid to play with or a robot that resembles a small kid? :lol:

Why not just get them a remote control car?

my 10 year old (at the time) had a lot of fun with the minisumo MkIII from http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/Store.jsp $92 for a complete robot kit is a bargain. It even comes with a copy BASIC though the free C compilers can be used as well. the controller is prettypowerful and the PIC comes with a bootloader burned in so no programmer is required.

You will need to help the kid out with assembly and programming. The servos need to mod'd for continuous rotation but it's pretty simple and there is a ton of documentation on the web. there is even a yahoo group dedicated to it.

I took my kids to a minisumo contest and they got totally jazzed over it so their interest really carried forward.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back