Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small electric fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

xboxhaxorz

I have this fence **broken link removed** for my ferrets. They are too smart though, they will go under climb on the cage and get on top of it etc;

So far they are unstoppable and when they get out they make a mess. I wanted to make it have a tiny shock so they stop touching it. They are about the size of rabbits so something that will just give a real tiny shock would be great.

I would test it on myself so if it stings me a tiny bit i imagine it would sting them a bit more. I am fairly new to electronics but i think i can do it.

Just wondering how i would get started? Also if they bit or lick it would that kill them?

I suggest to make a bottom and top cover.

Painted metal won't conduct electric power or at least limit current flow to make your ferrets laugh their asses off while climbing the obstruction.

Boncuk

Get a real cage... I sure hope you aren't keeping a ferret let alone more than one in a space that small, that'd be criminal.. Ferrets need a large amount of space. I had a pair in 4 foot tall 3 foot wide 2 feet deep cage, and it wasn't big enough. They're social animals curious to the point of accidental suicide. Not good pets, the kit I had died from an intestinal blockage from eating a rubber ball, the other one I had died of old age. I don't recommend them as pets, they're an incredible amount of work and they only live about 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back