Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Audio Mixer Ideas / Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasp3r

I have seen this mixer device at the below link

**broken link removed**

Now, because I don't like spending any money is there a simple way I can do this in a homebrew fashion? Is it just a matter of wiring the pots to inputs, and then on to and output or is their more science that needs to brought to the party?
Preferably (like the one above) I don't want any power involved, this means also that I don't need it to do any pre-amplifying or fancy-business.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

jasp3r

Post Script: Any circuit diagrams would also be appreciated

You need a simple virtual earth mixer (one opamp) and microphone preamps for as many channels as you want, and for the types of microphones you want (usually they would be 600 ohm balanced ones).

As Eric said, there are loads of examples on the net, and quite a few on here.

For line-level signals you can use a passive mixer consisting of just pots and the odd resistor or two. For mic and other low-level signals, however, you will need an active mixer using an op-amp etc, as described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back