Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small animal tracking device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracidfish

I would like to build a tracking device that will help me track my grandfathers ferrets when he is working them.

I have seen loads of fm transmitters but I cannot find any whose transmitters would be small enough or have components that are not obsolete. The transmitter would need to fit on a collor so would need to be about the size of a thumbnail.

The range would only need to be around 15 foot though the transmitter wll be underground.

The receiver could be handheld and i would like it to beep in a higher pitch the closer you get to the transmitter.

Does any one have any circuit diagrams that would satisfy this?

or can you point me to a web page that might be able to help me.

thank you
charlie

I thanks for that link. i like the look of the some of the circuits that are used on that site.
the author is using the FM transmitter to transmit sound picked up from a microphone.
How could I get the receiever to change in pitch depending on how close to the transmitter it is?
Would the transmitter need to transmitt beeps?

Looking about i am led to beleive that it may be better to transmit AM rather than FM. I understand AM is used by search and rescue as the signal is less idstorted by being burried.
How would i transmitt of AM?

Unfortunately AM (I assume you are saying 545 - 1605 kHz) needs a much larger antenna than higher frequencies.

You need my ferret-finder. It is about 100kHz AM and the receiver detects the depth of the ferret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back