Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

small 30W mono amp (kit?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin UK

Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum, but i'm building a pair of line array speakers, and i'm building an accompanying active electronics unit, and as part of this i need to put 5 30W power amps into each box. I've been looking for inexpensive but good quality modules, and the best thing i can find at the moment is this kit from maplins:

**broken link removed**

Has anyone tried this kit, or got any other suggestions of similar units/kits?

Also, does anyone know of a mono, volume, bass treble preamp kit or similar? i can only find stereo ones.

Thanks

Robin

Last edited:
This kit will sound pretty horrible if you use more than 20 watts, but otherwise looks pretty stout.

You will also need a well filtered power supply of 40-45 volts. To run 5 of them on one power supply it should be capable of supplying 5A continuous. They suggest their VN10L 12 1500mA supply which is NOT adequate. (If you use the VN10L, you can only get maybe one watt per channel.)

A 30Volt 5A (center tapped optional) transformer, bridge rectifier, and 10,000 uF 63V capacitors would be a pretty good supply.

If you mount inside the speaker cabinet, the heat sinks will need to be exposed to outside air, or it will need to be ventilated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back