Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMA or similar connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin_t

Hi

I have designed a PCB that has an RF out section. The type of connection used was a through hole BNC jack that a plug can fit on to allow aerial connection staraigh to the board or via a cable to allow the aerial to be mounted outside the unit.
This is all good for new installations. However, I have been asked to retrofit a PCB to a unit where the aerial needs to go outside via a cable. The gland allowing the cable to exit the unit is a little large for the BNC cable plug to fit through so I was hoping to use an SMA or SMB connection as this will fit easily.
My problem is that the spacing between the 4 outer ground pins for the BNC jack is 6 mm approx, any SMA/SMB jacks I look at are closer to 5mm leaving me stuck.
2 questions:

1 - does anyone know of SMA?SMB trhough hole mounted PCB jacks that have 6 mm or close spacing between the outer ground pins?

2 - can I get a cable that will adapt with a BNC plug on one side and SMA/SMB jack on the other (ideally supplied in Europe as I am in the UK but could stretch to USA somehow if needed).

Thanks

Justin

For future reference.
I got a BNC male to SMA female cable from Specalist Antenna Solutions (SAS) in the UK, seems they can make up what ever you need and they are reasonably priced and should do the job.

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back