Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

slowly I will be set uped

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvh

Hi
just found a place here in cambodia where they have pic's

16F84A -04
16F876 -04
16c54c

i guese after some research on the net only the 16F876 the logical choice would be (if i see it wrong plaese correct me)

I don't have a programer i do have a lap top (work) with windows Vista (not al to happy with it but for what i do it's workable)

i don't have programing experiance but can locate some time to it to learn
(don't see my self as a whiz kid)

my aim is to end up with a pic that controls a pump package with 3 pumps controled by a pressure sensor alternating sequense pumping and prefferably have some safety features incoorparated for the pumps and users of the system

i don't make my self the ilusion that this would be my start up project
but i see it as a farest train station i can see at this moment of the track

i am looking for a workable set up

Thanks in advance

Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
i guese after some research on the net only the 16F876 the logical choice would be (if i see it wrong plaese correct me)
That is the best choice out of the three!

What kind of ports does your laptop have? USB, parallel, serial, etc.....
Bill at BlueRoom makes some nice programmer kits:
https://www.blueroomelectronics.com/
The JuneBug (USB) or Inchworm (serial) make good programmers. There are also some on the net that use the parallel port which you can build yourself:

my laptob (acer 4710) has 4 USB ports and also a port to read memory cards from the photo camara Flash ones

Robert-Jan

A $200 for a hobby is acseptable especialy if it works properly i will bill it for my work and from there we can go further

i don't have a nasa budget but I can find money from different sources

Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
my laptob (acer 4710) has 4 USB ports
Then Bill's JuneBug would be the best choice. You'll need to buy the kit because, you have no source for a 18F2550 PIC, which the JuneBug uses, or any means to program it.

Either that or buy a USB ICD2 or one of its clones available online.
**broken link removed**

kchriste said:
Then Bill's JuneBug would be the best choice. You'll need to buy the kit because, you have no source for a 18F2550 PIC, which the JuneBug uses, or any means to program it.
]

you mean the ready assembled version for $59

Robert-Jan

You could buy the kit, which comes with all the parts you need, or the ready assembled version. The ready assembled version will get you up and running with minimum hassle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back