Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slow, stuttering scrolling with firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

[solved] Slow, stuttering scrolling with firefox

Hi.

Using Firefox 3.6.2 I experience very stuttering scrolling using the middle click feature. This doesn't happens when using Opera.

It seems to applies to both threads and forum overview in general. Not a problem on other sites/forums I know about.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm running 3.6.2 on both XP and Fedora. Haven't been able to duplicate. Do the up/down arrow keys have immediate response?

Try turning off smooth scrolling.

How fast is the graphics generally?

It's possible you're using an unaccelerated driver. I used to have this problem with my old graphics card which wasn't accelerated under Linux. Then I got a newer PC with a better graphics card which, more importantly supported Linux and the problem vanished.

Hi.

Driver problem is very unlikely sice this is a firefox issue only.

I've found Firefox to be generally slower than Opera but I've only had that problem under Linux with a graphics card that wasn't supported.

I can't remember it being bad for any other programs, although I remember OpenOffice Draw could be slow when anti-aliasing was turned on and the zoom setting was very high.

I didn't try any 3D games but the manipulating 3D objects under OpenOffice weren't that slow.

Sometimes when you have multiple tabs open and something is waiting for DNS, like ad servers it can slow the entire browser down. *shrug*... lots of variables.

Have you tried Chromium?

I'm not a fan of Firefox, there are plenty of better browsers, it's just so popular due to successful marketing. It's still better than Internet Explorer but that's not hard to beat.

Hi. I just tried FF in "safe mode". Then the scrolling looks just nice.

So that means something in Firefox make the scrolling to look ugly, but I don't know what exactly.

[edit]
A known issue with many rss feeds. Deleting all feeds didn't help.

[edit #2]
Solution is found :D

Disabling following theme resolved the issue: Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) 3.76

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back