Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slightly off topic: Releasing pins from connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

Update: Never mind, I did it. Tailor's pin from the front into the hole you see to the right of the pin in the foreground below. (just in case anyione else should ever come looking.)

Silly question, but if someone knows it could save me a few hours fiddling.

I would like to release the pins from these connectors:
1623848848665.png

If anyone has ever succeeded and remembers how they did it?

Trying poking from both ends with a paper clip but no joy so far.

Last edited:
Most of the time, connectors release from the front. DB-25's are an exception. There is noway you can do anything from the pin side.

You have a slotted tube, where the slot is where the wire enters. The tool is somewhat limited lifetime.

Then there is the flat tool which looks like what this uses.

My favorite is the AMP CPC connector. You insert a tool that surrounds the pin and push a plunger. Effortless.

It's like the Molex PC power supply connectors, but more effortless,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back