Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sleeping aids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akinfe

i need help on a circuit to serve as a sleeping aid.i know the principle of its working but i have problems with designing it.It works by generating electromagnetic waves reembling the of the earth causing ine to fall asleep quicly.i need a complete design and component calculation on this topic.hope u can help me

Looks pretty much like junk to me.

There are "alpha wave" stimulators that flicker LEDs you could see through your eyelids at particular frequencies but aren't really accepted as having a significant effect (I'm sure there's a $400 device in the Sharper Image catalog to do it though).

There's "transcranial magnetic stimulation" (TMS) which is proven to have very strong and immediate (fortunately temporary) psychological effects by using powerful 10-50Hz magnetic rather than electrical fields to induce currents in the brain. As far as I know it takes pretty hefty currents though. A garden variety inductor powered with low current several inches away wouldn't seem significant at all. I'd hope not or the 60Hz (50Hz in other parts of the world) leakage from electrical devices would be messing with your brain all day. Actually some do claim electrical appliances are messing with their heads but these are people I am convinced had something wrong with their heads long before they came in the room.

Ain't no "earth's waves" either. The earth has a very weak fixed magnetic field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back