Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sleep walker detection alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagtoby

My dad is suffering from sleepwalking. To prevent him from unintentional collision with other objects and falling in the night times, i need a an effective ckt which can do the following:
a) shall detect his motion (say, whenever he crosses the bed room door frame). The bed room surrondings is reasonably dark. The bedroom doorframe is 4 feet wide.
b) shall sound an alarm ( buzzer) for about 10 to 15 seconds (to alert me)and goes off automatically.
c) the circuit shall reset automatically for the next detection.

My thanks in advance, if someone could provide me a suitable circuit with LDR based or IR based or whatever it is.

regards,
yagtoby

A tool store harborfrieght.com has a "driveway patrol", $14.95 when they are on sale. It is a wireless PIR and runs on batteries for months. Put the PIR unit in his room, the receiver in your room.

I have hacked the received side and hooked them to a PC parallel port and sent data to my phone and EMAIL.

Cheap solution. Designing a PIR is not to hard, but I think the time and parts will go over the $14.95. And running wires to your room, and a relay and buzzer...

yagtoby said:
My dad is suffering from sleepwalking. To prevent him from unintentional collision with other objects and falling in the night times, i need a an effective ckt which can do the following:
a) shall detect his motion (say, whenever he crosses the bed room door frame). The bed room surrondings is reasonably dark. The bedroom doorframe is 4 feet wide.
b) shall sound an alarm ( buzzer) for about 10 to 15 seconds (to alert me)and goes off automatically.
c) the circuit shall reset automatically for the next detection.
My thanks in advance, if someone could provide me a suitable circuit with LDR based or IR based or whatever it is.
regards,
yagtoby
this would be helpful
**broken link removed**
http://www.electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/alarmsimages/alarmsckt14.shtml
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/projects/lalarm.htm
especialy the last two.

My friend sleepwalks - he usually wakes up in the shower....go figure.

And as for the circuit - use the doorframe idea with focused IR, an op-amp to set threshold, and a 555 one-shot tied in to the op-amp with a delay of 15 seconds to sound the buzzer. Seems relatively easy...maybe I'll build one for my friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back