Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slate 7 flex cable charging bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckelhead

Hello, i bought an hp slate 7 2800 at an auction. When i got home i realized that someone has removed the micro usb charging port and the flex cable. After doing a little research i found out why. The cable sells for over $50. That is rediculous and more than i paid for the entire tablet.

I managed to slavage a micro usb port from an old phone and modified an external battery charger to directly charge the battery but i want to be able to use the tablet's built in charging controlls and any charging cable.

In order to bypass the flex cable i need to know which oins on the 16 pin connector on the board are the +&-.

If anyone has a slate 7 that could please test the pins for me that would be great.

I dont care about data transfer or anything. I just want to be able to charge it safely.

Thanks

After hunting for the internal cable , I can guess which are ground by the vias, presumably a ground plane for data on the back side.

Does that help? a Micro USB to USB cable is cheap.
6647928900_1419288443.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back