Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Skg13 gps module interfacing with pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sreyas Mane

Hi
We have designed a hardware which intimates a vehicle owner abt the theft intimation and wen the owner replies the car engine stops.
Now we want to interface SKG13 GPS MODULE with the PIC16F877A.
I wanted to know how to go abt the connections and the program as we want to install the GPS unit inside car.
I need this for my final year project.
plz help

Hi
We have designed a hardware which intimates a vehicle owner abt the theft intimation and wen the owner replies the car engine stops.
Now we want to interface SKG13 GPS MODULE with the PIC16F877A.
I wanted to know how to go abt the connections and the program as we want to install the GPS unit inside car.
I need this for my final year project.
plz help
plz help guys its urgent

A GPS module talks to the host via a serial connection... The datasheet will give you the commands to look for...

If you are already using the serial port to alert the owner you'll have to use a software serial solution...
I take it the transfer of data to alert the owner is via mobile? If that be the case get a module that does both!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back