Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Size - Voltage relationship in PMDC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsahmed

A generous friend of mine has gifted me with a number of small, FHP permanent magnet DC motors, unfortunately I have no idea about their ratings. I was wondering if there was any particular relationship between the size of such a motor & its max. rating (voltage rating). Or perhaps I should burn a few of them to rate the others?

No it bepends on the motors winding.

I have an big mototor that runs at 6 V and an 3 times smaler one that runs up to 20V than i have an liel smaler one that runs on 3 V

So as you see size-voltage have no conection

A lot of motors have a sticker that tels you the part number and the operating voltage.

If you have the part numbers simply serach for an datasheet.

Someone Electro said:
A lot of motors have a sticker that tels you the part number and the operating voltage.

If you have the part numbers simply serach for an datasheet.

Nope, nothing written. Guess I'll have to use them safely or burn a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back