Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sites that lead to building a coil for a subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juglenaut

I want to know if there is any information or kits available for building a subwoofer from the ground up coil and all.

I want not just to build a box, but a subwoofer as well and make it as powerfull as I want with the impedance I want, and being able to build a choice of dual layer or dual voice coil, high strength and temp.

There has just got to be some kind of information out there that can give me the right stuff, I mean I am sure that if there is kits out the customization of the coils and what not should be a large variety.

Sounds like it would be VERY difficult and expensive to do...are you talking about building your own cone, basket, spider, magnet ect?
But nothing is impossible, just depends on how much money you want to throw at it.

I know there is a ton of stuff online about DIY audio stuff, but IDK about DIY subwoofers.

Kit would be nice.

building a basket from scratch is the most expensive part depends on method.

cones are inexpensive to make since I love aluminum, and stainless steel.

Magnets can get expensive.

motor structures are inexpensive, but are spendy to design.

Formers (coil base) are cheap as it is the treatments that make them cost more.

Spiders are formed using a circular iron press basically.

wow quick reply, I even updated my old post.
I have heard about people blowing their subs at competitons, and getting them reconed in about an hour or 2. so you should be able to buy some parts.

Mabey I will contact some companies and see about them sending me a kit of there subs.

I will try Kicker first since I worked on alot of their subs and amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back