Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Site comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Hello, I got this name Killivolt when I made the mistake of pointing a finger to closely at a Laser on a 5 disc jvc cd player. Huh, funny it didn't work before the Voltage spike. But after that the processor woke up and suddenly started checking for disc's. Nobody new why, I still don't ? Amazing what a blue arc look's like in a live circuit. The sucker ran every day for a month and the owner charged the customer for it go figure ? Not my business thank god.

Anyhow, I came here to maybe get some pointers. Find a few friendly people willing to share < I currently have lot's of health problems and I won't bore you with details. I live it every day you don't have too. But the bottom line is this would be good place to help me save the neorons I have because of my new white board memory. And hopefully help me make new neorons to restore one's I've lost due to work related toxic air.

Now on to the Site, I like the way it is put together. I believe that you cannot control people's ego's nor can you control their comment's. But you do have control over content I've read a few threads on how you should classify people and how it should be known who is who.

I'm no rocket scientist or Engineer but, Maybe some of the not so classified Engineers can take a crack at dumb down question's while the more meaningful one's are left to the wizards.

If a wizard looks at it he can correct both but for the people who have no idea you can send them to references the books and project's as a starting point :? Trust me I have respect for you, you have earned it. Sticking to the basic's and inching one's way there is the only way it's all about the journey and not the destination.

Decide now if this is for hobby or for the veteran or you will loose people who will buy and by their participation and hit's will bring more people to this site. The Internet is free information and with it you will change the world bringing all the knowledge to one place to those who will be tommorows free thinkers. Hopefully before we all loose the chance to save this wonderful world to greed and pride and predjudice.

I'm done kv

You might get more respect if you entered your location correctly?, instead of trying to make some 'clever' remark.

Many questions are dependent on your location (only country needed), and avoids lots of inappropriate answers.

I'm just happy to still be alive these day's. I'm still on earth and trapped in time. Sorry that my frustration has caused you greef. I still like this site. Justification is not a rule it's a measure co-equal to my circumstance intelligent's.

Respect ? I simply asked a question like anybody.

killivolt said:
I'm just happy to still be alive these day's. I'm still on earth and trapped in time. Sorry that my frustration has caused you greef. I still like this site. Justification is not a rule it's a measure co-equal to my circumstance intelligent's.

This the best site I have been given a lot of help which I am very greatful to all the people that run this site as well as the members I have also learned a lot from reading all the post.
There is a lot of good people reading and answering post I am not very good at helping people because I am still learning myself.

Your absolutely right.

I know "now" people will get mad at me but I have to say this, I have no choice you fleshed me out.

Something of this quality anywhere on the "net" would be a pay site. But for some reason these people have found it in their hearts to keep it free ?

I know because I have payed for such a site & not of this quality. If you were not in the inner sanctum to bad.

Not but a handful of people would be willing to help you out, and don't ask a stupid question ? It's like a machine gun nest's at all points, they shoot you down.

Those same people quietly wait for the opportunity to see your head up ?

Nobody is willing to defend you (to afraid of rejection) " only like you, to be branded like a red headed step child, fearing to be rejected"

I've stood in the middle before for the likes of these, so they could play in the school yard free of fear. Eventually they will grow up to defend themselfs. I hate bully's of any kind and I guess some never grow out of it ?

( Incuding Microsoft it was time they got theirs)

(" Yes" this site is this worth paying for )

Thank you

Admin, Nigal, Owner.

My hat goes off to you, I just wish I could by you a beer.

kv

Last edited:
killivolt said:
Admin, Nigal, Owner.

My hat goes off to you, I just wish I could by you a beer.

kv

Nothing is stopping you. Just don't use UPS.

True or maybe put it on their tab at the local pub :D

Anyway, killivolt, I think I might have guessed your location, are you Australian?

Close, maybe only in DNA I am a convict of sorts my ancestry comes from a small area in England. Two brothers left they still have the tale in the village were they were from.

They used to call it lower peover. I'm not sure of the spelling I am "Scandinavian decent with Irish."
I'm told that the Pictish Kings come from Germanic tribes.

(Please feel free to correct me)

I find myself often going berserk and just relate it to Viking decent. I don't want to blame it on my own lack of self control (he he). Now that I'm older and wiser I can control it to a point.

By the way what made you feel I was Australian ?

Well I've responed to the private message you sent me but since you've asked on the open forum as well. I'll post the relevant part of my reply.

You use colloquialisms like the pub which are both common in England and Australia, so it was a toss up between English and Austrailian. The only reason why I guessed Australian was you use more Americanisms (which seem to be more common down under) than the average Englishman, but there again after posting on the Internet you've probably picked them up more.

Anyway, why all the secrecy? We're not expecting you to give us your post code or even the exact town where you live. Just England would do or perhaps your region or county. No one's going to hunt you down and beat you up, even if you do get into an arguement with them.

Clue anyone else want a crack at it ?

I am an

**broken link removed**

This is my disposition I always have been I alway will be ........kv

Last edited:
I still want to buy you a Beer ~

I know which is why I didn't understand the fervor :rolleyes:

killivolt said:
I know which is why I didn't understand the fervor :rolleyes:

Simply because a surprising number of questions (and answers) are dependent on the country the poster is in - by not filling it in, it wastes loads of bandwidth and peoples time.

Gotcha, My apology's Thanks again.

.............................. Whooooooa! kv

Last edited:
In fact on www.edaboard.com, there is a post titled
" hi, everybody,which country do you come from?'

and few hundreds have responded? I really did not know why they could not mention at registration. I feel that most people join with nick name and get some benefit and go off without even acknowledging. They don't even want a e-mail as a refusal message comes. While one need not have to feel shy for asking queries while learning I really don't realize this secrecy. I don't remember occasions where I have feel shy for seeking clarity while learning and even today ,as learning is a continuous process.

Thank you for offering up the humility of the mind, it's an honor to know you. It's just some do not poses the required tolerance for instructing, there is an art to it. It is difficult to stimulate and at the same time not extinguish passion. These are tomorrows free thinkers I would like to see the world Transform before I'm dead.

kv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back