Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinor and Phasor Diagramme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

What is Phasor and Sinor diagramme? What are they plotted agsinst? And how to interpret them?

I have sample pic from my text book.

Attachments

• sinor.jpg
    sinor.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 486
Looks like a phasor diagram to me.

cynical _mode on/
Many years ago, when Marconi was a boy, there were vector diagrams which could be considered either as an X-Y plot or a polar coordinate plot of some electrical quantity.
Then someone decided that boring old vector diagrams were just not the thing to have anymore, we would have phasor diagrams, just the same as a vector diagram but change the name to confuse the students.
It looks like we now have sinor diagrams, maybe so that people do not confuse them with a futuristic beam energy weapon from a popular science fiction series (Beam me up Scotty).
cynical_mode off/

JimB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I still have to live with sinor and Phasor diagrammes. Can't tell my school people that is is nonsense.

But why do you call it Phasor and not sinor? The picture from the text book I mean.

lord loh. said:
:But why do you call it Phasor and not sinor? The picture from the text book I mean.

Probably because I never heared of a sinor until this morning!

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back