Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Supply OP-AMP Output Swing Close to Negative Rail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamey

I need to build a buffer circuit (voltage follower) that accepts an input of around 0.5V to 4.5V. This will run from a fixed single supply of 12V, so I don't need to worry about how close the output can swing to VCC since my positive supply will be much higher than my input signal.

What I'm worried about (and I admit I know little about analog electronics) is how close the op-amp can get to 0V. I'v elooked at some common amps like the 741, but can't determine how close they can swing to 0V.

Look for a rail to rail opamp, they'll get you lower than the 0.5v you're looking for.

^ I was gonna do that, but people hve said that's overkill for my application. I really would like to know a good, common op-amp that will get reasonably close to 0V, don't care about how close it gets to VCC.

The old and clunky **broken link removed** and the **broken link removed** will both swing very close to the negative rail (Gnd). Also look at the "also recommended" on those two pages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back