Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single phasing protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada is huge so the climate is very different across it.
Where I live the climate is tempered by The Great Lakes. But we still get cold Arctic wind colliding with warm very damp air from the Gulf of Mexico. Then we get a snowstorm.

Each year is different. This year we got more snow than last year. Maybe next year we will get less. It averages out over time.

Do the great lakes freeze over?

The UK is small and the climate varies quite widely, we're gulf streem warmed so even the colder areas aren't that cold. On the peaks of the the highlands of Scotland, it often gets down below -20°C, summers is short and there isn't much vegitation, just conifers and heather. In the Scilly isles, it's as mild as it is in Los Angeles California in winter, it doesn't get below freezing most winters, date palms and bannanas plant grow easilly and some roses bloom all year round, even though it's on the same latitude as Winnipeg Canada.

The Great Lakes are fresh water that freezes at 0 degrees C. Salt water in oceans freezes at a colder temperature.

The shallow lakes freeze over early but the very deep Lake Ontario that is near me stays mostly unfrozen. It freezes over along the shore and all along the St. Laurence River where it empties into the Atlantic Ocean.

I was in Winnipeg one time when it was so cold that thermometers froze over.
On the radio thay said how many seconds it would take for bare skin to freeze. I remember 10 seconds. Work sent me there in an emergency after I was working in the warm southern US. I didn't have winter clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back