Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single phasing protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukeshrao

hi, i just want to know about the operation of dual d flip-flop cd4013, it is a part of my project........In a general D flip-flop circuit the output of Q(bar) is feed backed to data pin.....consider the data pin is always connected to 1. if clock pulse is applied the information in the data will be transferred to output Q and Q(bar) will be zero...consider in the next cycle if the clock pulse is low what will be the data D, output Q, Q(bar).

if anybody knows pls reply m.....

mukeshrao said:
hi, i just want to know about the operation of dual d flip-flop cd4013, it is a part of my project........In a general D flip-flop circuit the output of Q(bar) is feed backed to data pin.....consider the data pin is always connected to 1. if clock pulse is applied the information in the data will be transferred to output Q and Q(bar) will be zero...consider in the next cycle if the clock pulse is low what will be the data D, output Q, Q(bar).

if anybody knows pls reply m.....

hi,
If the 'D' input is wired high, the first high going clock edge will set Q hi and /Q lo.
They will remain in that state until the Reset line is enabled, it will not respond to any other clocks after the first one..

It acts a LATCH, not as a divide by 2, where the /Q is looped back to D.

Is this a school question.?

fine sir i just want to know....consider 1) CK=1,D=1, Q=1, Q/=0.... data pin is always wired on high....does the output Q/ changes the data 1 to 0....since Q/ is feedbacked to data know.....

mukeshrao said:
fine sir i just want to know....consider 1) CK=1,D=1, Q=1, Q/=0.... data pin is always wired on high....does the output Q/ changes the data 1 to 0....since Q/ is feedbacked to data know.....

IF D is always 1, once set by the high going clock the Q is 1 and the /Q=0

and the outputs stay like that...

As D is tied at 1 there is no feedback.

Do you follow that.?

Thank you sir......last and final could you tell me what is toggle in d flip-flop(D4013), when does this condition occurs with an example pls......

mukeshrao said:
Thank you sir......last and final could you tell me what is toggle in d flip-flop(D4013), when does this condition occurs with an example pls......

It occurs when /Q is linked to D.

The Q and /Q change state on every positive edge of the clock... it 'Toggles' state.

mukeshrao said:
what is the use of ic2003.....s t a not gate..
There are hundreds of parts with "2003" in their part number. Here are two:

Attachments

• ICs.PNG
    ICs.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 117
sir,

can u tell me what is the use of ULN2003.....if a high input consider 5v is given to ULN2003 what will be the output.

mukeshrao said:
sir,

can u tell me what is the use of ULN2003.....if a high input consider 5v is given to ULN2003 what will be the output.

If you answer my question I will answer yours regarding the ULN device..:)

Maybe the school kid should look at the output voltage of the ULN2003 on its datasheet.

I wonder where the "5V" input is going to come from.
TTL and Cmos won't have an output of 5V when driving the darlington circuit.

no it is just i want to know the operation of ULN2003.....for what purpose it is been utilized.....pls tell me with an example.

mukeshrao said:
k then pls tell me what is the main purpose of ULN2003......why it is needed and where it is been utilized
The first page of the datasheet lists 7 things that they are used to drive.
I told you to look on the datasheet before.

mukeshrao said:
k then pls tell me what is the main purpose of ULN2003......why it is needed and where it is been utilized
hi,
Look at the attachments I have added.

The ULN has 7 individual Darlington connected transistors.

The ULN2003A has TTL and CMOS compatable inputs, this means that you can connect the inputs directly to TTL or CMOS outputs.

From the datasheet clip I have posted you can see that the switched output voltage of the ULN can be as high as +50V and it can handle upto 500mA.
NOTE: The product of the voltage and current switched must not exceed the power disappation of the ULN.

It is commonly used to switch relays or dc motors.

Does this explain it OK.?

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
.... the switched output voltage of the ULN can be as high as +50V and it can handle upto 500mA.
NOTE: The product of the voltage and current switched must not exceed the power disappation of the ULN.
Not really, Eric.
50V x 500mA= 25W and the 16 pins package has a max allowed dissipation of only 1.8W at an ambient of room temperature.
It is the saturation voltage (max 1.7V at 500mA that determines how many outputs can be saturated simultaneously (2).

audioguru said:
Not really, Eric.
50V x 500mA= 25W and the 16 pins package has a max allowed dissipation of only 1.8W at an ambient of room temperature.
It is the saturation voltage (max 1.7V at 500mA that determines how many outputs can be saturated simultaneously (2).

hi,

I suppose in hindsight, I should have said:

NOTE: The total product of the saturation voltage and current switched must not exceed the total power disappation of the ULN as specified in the datasheet.

I should not take short cuts in my explanations.!:eek:

I will now go and do 100 'press ups', to atone for my sins...;)

Are the Daffs thru yet.?

Hi Eric,
Today it is 14 degrees C. I will pump up the tires on my bike and go for a ride.
Will that repent my sins? I only go to church for weddings and funerals.

There is something growing in my garden but I can't see if it is a daffodil or a tulip. The crocus will be the first flower but it hasn't bloomed yet. The trees don't have leaves yet.

It just goes to show how spring starts at different times depending on where you live.

Where I live, the first flower, the winter aconite appeared in Januarary, followed shortly by snowdrops.

The crocuses started in early February and are all gone now.

Daffodils started at the end of February and are now nearly all gone.

Hyacinths started in March and are now at their peak.

At the moment the tulips are mostly out. The trees are still mostly bare but some of the horse chessnuts and birch are comming into leaf and a lot of the cherries are in flower.

We've had pansies flowering throughout the winter.

The UK isn't like Canada, Spring just doesn't suddenly Spring but emerges slowly from late January early February through to June.

I hope that the cold snap we're about to have doesn't destroy the pear and plum blossom on the trees in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back