Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Phase to 3-phase current regulated circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyler22

Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out the best design for a project that I had in mind. I would like to use a wall 120VAC outlet as an input while outputting a regulated 0 - 5A adjustable 3 phase current output.

I initially was trying to think of a simple design using variac's and a converter to accomplish this, but size and weight becomes an issue. I would like to try to keep the weight under 30ish lbs.

Would a AC - DC - AC solid state design be the most practicable or is there another way that I'm just not seeing. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!

p.s. Tried the search function, but just didn't see anything that would fit.

I would like to use a wall 120VAC outlet as an input while outputting a regulated 0 - 5A adjustable 3 phase current output.
Do you mean a constant-current output (albeit settable to a desired value), regardless of ouput voltage? Or do you mean that the output voltage is adjustable but the output current can be up to 5A?

Last edited:
Do you mean a constant-current output (albeit settable to a desired value), regardless of ouput voltage? Or do you mean that the output voltage is adjustable but the output current can be up to 5A?

I apologize for not being very clear about that. It would require a 3-phase output that provided a constant current with each phase being independently adjustable from 0 - 5A.

I'm still puzzled. What sort of load are you driving? All AC loads of my acquaintance draw a (more or less) sinusoidally varying current. Or did you intend current-limited rather than constant-current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back