Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single memory location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memory Location

Sorry not a microprocessor. Is for any memory chip. I not sure if it would be the same for a microcprocessor. I just looking for the theory explaination on how to access a single location. Not code.

I know addess decoding logic is used to connect cells in the array(memory is an array of cells) to the addressing mechanism used (whichever mechanism used because there are many). Then memory is assigned addresses in sequential order according to the line of decoding logic its select line is connected to. Thus i can access an entire address but how do i go on to access a single memory location from that address? :(

It's entirely dependent on the device you're using. You should read the PDF file of a real wold memory chip similar to something you are thinking of using or want to understand. Search Digikey or some other online supplier of chips, find a chip that looks like what you're talking about and then read the PDF datasheet, it will explain everything you need to know about how to access that particular device in whatever modes it supports.

The information on how to read a single address is right in the PDF.. Read the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back