Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Luxeon K2 @ ~700mA with 3.7V Li-Ion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

Hello all.

This is my first post in here so take it wasy on me.
I am looking into driving a single Luxeon K2 @ ~700mA with a 3.7V Li-Ion battery. I can do two batteries in parallel and increase the current the batteries will provide. So my question is, is this posible with a LM1577 and step up the voltage to about 5V?. The led uses 3.6Vf. Any Ideas, comments would be appretiated. I also looked at the LM317, but it just takes too much of a V drop and I don't want that. If not what would be better way of doing it. I've also seen many flashlights running high power leds on just one single battery, how can they do this? They use a step up regulator?

Thanks,
Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back