Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single data line tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi all,

is there a simple circuit that will allow me to watch each side of a IC2 type communication on separate lines of a logic probe so I can determine who is sending what? another way of putting this is to say if I had an IC on my left and one on my right connected via I2C, I want to see "only" the Left IC's output on one probe and "only" the rights output on another.

Thanks

Steve

Due to the way I²C works you can't tell which device pulled the line low. It may be possible with additional circuitry but I think it would be complicated.

Surely the data itself will allow you to establish which chip was sending.

Mike.

The differential voltage across a resistor in-series with the data line should tell you which end of the resistor is driven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back