Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Singing Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo2478

Hi, does anyone know how to make the circuit in one of those singing cards??
I'd like to place my own sounds in them.
Thanks in advance, Rob

i know how to make a soild state recorder and playback device but from what i see inside the cards is just a black blob of glue with the chip under it. mabey someone could correrct me if i'm wrong but i believe they call that a "die" package where there are no leads coming off of the chip. its just kinda made into the circuit. the ones i can build would be too big to fit in a card. it would work in a toy though

It's a C.O.B, Circuit-On-Board. It saves time and materials in the manufacturing process. Also cuts costs by reducing the number of employees needed, and insures the device will be thrown away, rather than repair, also more difficult for competitors to reverse engineer, and undercut sales.

Are there any alternatives to the C.O.B. since it seem pretty much impossible to solder such a small circuit by hand.
Or is there a way to alter what's recorded into the C.O.B.??

Thank for the response guys.

neo2478 said:
Are there any alternatives to the C.O.B. since it seem pretty much impossible to solder such a small circuit by hand.
Or is there a way to alter what's recorded into the C.O.B.??

Thank for the response guys.

I kinda doubt it- and without a part number or even any data sheets for any parts in this field that would be impossible to figure out how.

A PIC and a small piezo transducer is how I would do it.

It's probably an M66T melody generator.

Craplins sell them but I would go somewhere cheaper unless I only wanted a small order and was going to Milton Keynes anyway.
**broken link removed**

that might work. Thank you hero999.
now if it's not asking to much, 'm not very good at electronics. How do I record the sound into the chip???
could you give e a circuit diagram??
Again, thank you very much for all your responses.

I would suggest reading the datasheet.

You can't record sound into the IC but you can submit your tune to the manufacturer and they'll program it for you but I'd imagine that there's a huge minimum order quanitiy. If you can't get the the tune you want off the shelf then a microcontroller is probably the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back