Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sinewave to square wave using LM358

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishav_ghosh

Hi all..Just joined this website..Its really a place of genius..

I got a problem while making a circuit..I was using LM358 as Non-Inverting Schmitt trigger for converting a sine wave to square wave pulse..The input is a sine wave with amplitude maximum 10mv..

I want a output as a square wave starting from 0v to 0.5v peak..

Please help me out...

Thanks in advance..

Hi all..Just joined this website..Its really a place of genius..

I got a problem while making a circuit..I was using LM358 as Non-Inverting Schmitt trigger for converting a sine wave to square wave pulse..The input is a sine wave with amplitude maximum 10mv..
I want a output as a square wave starting from 0v to 0.5v peak..
Thanks in advance..

Hi,
The output square wave will not go down to 0V, if you are using a single supply for the LM358, also the output will switch upto Vsupply -1.5V,,, is the problem you have.??

All you say you have got a problem:D.

Thanks for the reply "ericgibbs".. Actually i have a magnetic sensor which gives output as a sine wave in 10mv.. I need a circuit to make that output as a square wave pulse ranging from 0v to 5v(peak).. As LM358 can take the input in mv so i choose the amplifier....

can you refer any circuit so that i can solve the issue???

Not problem anymore.. :)

Thanks for the reply "ericgibbs".. Actually i have a magnetic sensor which gives output as a sine wave in 10mv.. I need a circuit to make that output as a square wave pulse ranging from 0v to 5v(peak).. As LM358 can take the input in mv so i choose the amplifier....

can you refer any circuit so that i can solve the issue???

Not problem anymore.. :)

I would suggest a LM393 comparator circuit, the open collector output could be connected to +5Vsupply via a 10K resistor, so the output swing from close to 0V and +5V

Hi,

What do you want this circuit to drive? Only 0 to 0.5v output, the output transistor in a comparator chip may not pull all the way down to zero if you need a true 0.000v output.
So a few more details here will help to determine the best circuit. If you dont need a perfect zero it's ok though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back