Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine wave Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinod_sat

Hello All,

I would like to generate a sine wave that is in phase with the AC Mains.

Could you please help me with some suggestions.

Thank you,

Vinod

Just a transformer should do that.

Thanks for the reply. If I use a transformer, I may have to use a filter to obtain a sine wave that would be free of harmonics. I want to design a circuit without using a filter.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Thank you

Add a mains filter to the input of the transformer **broken link removed**

vinod_sat said:
Thanks for the reply. If I use a transformer, I may have to use a filter to obtain a sine wave that would be free of harmonics. I want to design a circuit without using a filter.

You don't have your location filled in, so we don't know where you might be, so have no idea how good your mains might be?. You also don't mention your application, so we've no idea how "harmonic free" the sinewave needs to be?.
Bear in mind, it will NEVER be "harmonic free", just below a certain level!.

But in the UK, the mains is usually pretty good anyway!.

Filters are really the only way to remove harmonics, asking about removing them without one is kind of like asking someone to cook something without heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back