Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sine to square wave converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcdavidson

Hi,
I need to convert a 2v p-p sine wave with a frequency range of 1Hz to 100kHz to a 0-5v square wave with the same frequency.
What is the best way to accomplish this?
Thanks

A few more details about what I'm trying to do. The input is a RF signal that I'm assuming oscillates between -1v and +1v. I want a square wave that goes from 0v to 5v with the same frequency. I also would like to use a single supply Vcc. So specifically what would the circuit look like and what comparator op amp should I use? Pinouts on the op amp would be helpful as well.
Thanks

You could also use an inverting logic gate.

Connect both inputs together, a 10M resistor between the output and input and couple the signal to the input via a 470pF capacitor. I'll post a schematic, if you don't know what I mean.

You could also use an inverting logic gate.

Connect both inputs together, a 10M resistor between the output and input and couple the signal to the input via a 470pF capacitor. I'll post a schematic, if you don't know what I mean.
That ain't gonna work at 1Hz.:D

That ain't gonna work at 1Hz.:D

Yes, I missed the 1Hz.

Increasing the capacitor to 47nF will allow it to work down to 1Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back