Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACF2802

This perhaps has a lot to do with programing, but just the same I believe it to be relevant to this forums.

I'm currently working on a project that involves digital sound processing. Currently, what I want to do is be able to simulate a simple to relatively simple circuit (guitar effects pedal) in real time. Digital audio would be fed into the simulation and the simulation would treat it as if it was an analog signal running through the circuit and then output digital audio again.

**broken link removed**

The following is an example of the type of pedal circuit I might need to emulate. To my knowledge, nobody else has or is doing this for any reason. At least Google hasn't turned up anything. My real question is whether or not it woul be feasible to simulate such a circuit with the required accuracy and at the required rate to produce a real time audio filter/effect. We're talking about 16 to 24-bits audio precision at sampling rates of 44.1KHz to 96KHz.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Last edited:
This perhaps has a lot to do with programing, but just the same I believe it to be relevant to this forums.

I'm currently working on a project that involves digital sound processing. Currently, what I want to do is be able to simulate a simple to relatively simple circuit (guitar effects pedal) in real time. Digital audio would be fed into the simulation and the simulation would treat it as if it was an analog signal running through the circuit and then output digital audio again.

The following is an example of the type of pedal circuit I might need to emulate. To my knowledge, nobody else has or is doing this for any reason. At least Google hasn't turned up anything. My real question is whether or not it woul be feasible to simulate such a circuit with the required accuracy and at the required rate to produce a real time audio filter/effect. We're talking about 16 to 24-bits audio precision at sampling rates of 44.1KHz to 96KHz.

Thanks for you help in advance.

hi,
You could use LTspice [ freeware] to simulate the circuit.
LTspice also accepts 'wav' files as a stimulus source and can output 'wav' files.

Download LTspice ,also Audacity Beta Unicode [freeware].

You can use Audacity to record sound and also produce a wide rage of sounds/effects as a'wav' file, which you can then input to LTspice.
OK

Last edited:
The original Fuzz Face circuit used germanium transistors that had a very poor high frequency response so they acted like a lowpass filter.
I simulated a newer circuit that uses silicon transistors and it produces severe distortion the same as the original circuit. I didn't check its frequency response.

There is an article on the web that describes the complications of the circuit because its biasing changes with level changes. So it sounds different at different levels.

Attachments

• sim Fuzz Face.PNG
    sim Fuzz Face.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 304
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back