Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation Software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnivore

just wondering if anyone out there would happen to know of a good circuit simulation software?

possibly with the ability to simulate PICS as well?

Carnivore said:
just wondering if anyone out there would happen to know of a good circuit simulation software?

possibly with the ability to simulate PICS as well?

A PIC is a computer, so a circuit simulator isn't going to help!.

Someone said Proteus will do PICs and components. I have not pulled the demo to try in. It is not free. It is the Proton Development Suite. Or at least that is what I was told.

mramos1 said:
Someone said Proteus will do PICs and components. I have not pulled the demo to try in. It is not free. It is the Proton Development Suite. Or at least that is what I was told.

Thanks MrAmos1, i'll go check it out. i was under the impression that proteus was simply for ciruit design, not simulation but if the later is true it would be worth the asking price.

If you have the cash for Proteus it is everythign it claims to be.

hi ,

i tried proteus for a project we did last year, and i was very surprised by its efficiency, we worked on a 16F84

just know that not all uC are supported (at least with the academic version we worked on), a friend was looking for simulating a 68hc09, and this chip wasn't available on that proteus version

maybe you should pickup a demo version to give it a try before acquiring a full version

good luck

As with all such circuits though, behavioral models (which 'simulators' use) are just that. They can replicate generic behavior under ideal conditions, ONLY.

Nigel Goodwin said:
A PIC is a computer, so a circuit simulator isn't going to help!.
I presume you need an emulator; do they exist and are they free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back