Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

conchord

Hey guys,
I'm trying to run a simulation of a PIC programme but when I get to a certain point, the programme terminates because it's pointing to an instruction outside the ROM.

any ideas how I can fix this?

thanks

I used a simulator for many years, it's a helpful learning tool and I recommend it.

But at some point you wind up spending more time getting the simulator to do something than you would working with the actual circuit. You may be at that point.

Build the project and run the code.

I have given up running code on simulators. If you write the code in small steps (subroutines) and get it to work "as you go" you don't end up frustrated.

Simulating code never hurts. Work as you go is okay up to a certain level of complexity and then it comes back and bites you.

It hurts when you spend all your time simulating and never build anything.

It hurts when you spend a lot of time getting the simulator to work correctly, only to discover the real circuit behaves quite differently and you have wasted all that time.

That's why a mix of both is best =)
Simulate the basics, build the basics, observe the difference, and adjust the simulation to match, repeat =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back