Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation of maximum power point circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

I intend to build the simulation for maximum power point based on the one shown in this video. I have tried to contact the uploader of the video but it seems he is no longer logs into his UTube account. Before continuing with the simulation I need to clarify few details. Kindly help me with these queries. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• pro_sim1.jpg
    pro_sim1.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 1,003
Q1 - It looks like this circuit indeed represent a solar panel.
Q2 - Voltage monitor and amplifier.
Q3 - Current monitor. But I don't see where R17 is connect. Because I don't see any "currente modulo".

Thank you.

Q3 - Current monitor. But I don't see where R17 is connect. Because I don't see any "currente modulo".

Please have a look on boost converter on the top right. You will find "corrente modulo" next to resistor R12.

Do you think we should work on this circuit for simulation? If you have some better idea then kindly let me know. Thank you.

By the way, I'm trying to arrange the circuit components in ISIS and hopefully will be done tomorrow. But we will need someone's help for the code.

Regards
PG

Last edited:
Hi

I have roughly tried to arrange the components. Please have a look here and kindly make some changes if you like.

Please also have a look on these queries? Thank you.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• pro_sim2.jpg
    pro_sim2.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 961
  • simulation1.rar
    16.2 KB · Views: 600
Hi,

Q1 - you need to change Template. File ---> New Design --->Landscape US A

Q2 - simply zoom in and you will see that you in the grid, or simply change it , press F2 or F3 or F4.

I attach simulation file in rar.

Attachments

• MPPT.rar
    20 KB · Views: 368
Thanks a lot, Jony.

Soon, I will made few additions to the simulation and will let you know then.

Regards
PG

Hi

I don't see how this circuit can represent a solar cell. Could you please help me with it? You could also watch this video.

How do you represent a rechargeable battery Proteus? I don't think that Proteus has any library model for a rechargeable battery.

Thank you.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• solar333.jpg
    solar333.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,717
Thanks a lot, Jony. It's very nice of you.

But what should we do about rechargeable battery model? I believe you are already trying to figure out how to do it. Anyway, I'm done with the code and once we resolve that battery problem, then we can focus on the simulation. I'm attaching the latest circuit file. Thank you.

Regards
PG

PS: I was thinking why we can't use bank of capacitors to implement a battery. You can have a look on this circuit. Please note that it's not working but you will get the idea. Thanks.

PPS: You can have a look on this circuit too.

Attachments

• solar_latest.rar
    22.4 KB · Views: 340
  • battery.rar
    14.1 KB · Views: 596
  • battery2.rar
    10 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
PG,

I can't look at your circuit files, but I can respond about your rechargeable battery model. You can use a capacitor to model a battery, if you don't need great accuracy. You should add at least a series resistor to the capacitor. Also, you should limit the range of the capacitor voltage. For example. if you have a capacitor model, you might say that state of charge (SOC) of zero corresponds with 3.0 VDC and SOC=1 corresponds to 4.1 VDC. Then add a series resistor with value that agrees with the voltage drop data of your battery. Use whatever voltages for SOC=1 and SOC=0 that best match the voltage curves. Also, keep in mind that batteries are highly temperature dependent, so your parameters would depend on temperature, if you care about temperature effects.

You can extend the model by making a voltage dependent voltage source. The capacitor voltage would provide the input to the dependent voltage source, and a capacitor voltage range of 0 to 1 V, would get mapped to the proper battery voltage, via a function. Implementing this is standard circuit simulators may or may not be easy, but it's trivial in a Simulink model.

I often do battery models in Simulink, and generally make a voltage source with resistance in series. Then the open circuit voltage and source resistance, I allow to be functions of state of charge (SOC) and cell temperature (T). Hence Voc(SOC, T) and R(SOC, T) are the only two elements in the circuit, but the complexity of the battery is included in functions that allow Voc and R to change based on SOC and T. Even this is only approximate and real batteries are notoriously difficult to model accurately under all operating conditions. Typicall Voc(SOC, T) and R(SOC,T) need to be measured under conditions similar to your application in order to have a useful model.

I could give more details, but I think for a school project a simple model should suffice. Make it a simple as possible. If the straight capacitor with limited voltage range, with a series resistance works for you, that's the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back