Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simplest soundcard PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I want the output signal of my sound card to swich a transistor, but i still can"t make it work. I saw such a design that used only 2 transistors, a resistor and a diode i think, but i can't find it anymore.

Anyone got any idea please ??

Switch the transistor how? Sound card output will switch a transistor just fine if directly connected to the base, for the positive half of the cycle it will be on, for the negative half it will be off as the base is reverse biased, a sound card (without an amp) won't be able to cause a normal transistor to go into base breakdown. You could use a diode to charge a capacitor with a base resistor to act as a low pass filter, but it would greatly depend on exactly what you were trying to switch.

here is a schematic of something similar to what i tried.
**broken link removed**
I used a FEP16BT PNP transistor, i even tried it with a darlington array (uln2003 and 2008) and got no success, if i connect the power supply to the base, the switch works fine. the soundcqrd connection is trought a jack connector, i'm connecting only one chqnel and the ground. I tried it with some music playing. I also tried diodes to always have a positive pulse, but no success.

What do you suggest ???

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back