Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simplest DC Motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewater49

Hello, I need a simple way to drive some DC Motors to be hooked up to a Go Kart. The two of them are 350 watt 24 Volt scooter motors. I could go one way and buy all the controller's and stuff, but I want it to be as cheap as possible. So I thought why not have a switch for each motor, giving me a two speed then hook it up. The problem is I could only find 12VDC switches or 120VAC and beyond. Can I supply DC to an Ac switch? OR where could I find a good 24 VOlt switch?

Second - Do I need a fuse? They are rated 22 amp so maybe a 20 amp fuse?

Third - To wire up two motors using the same 24V battery pack, could I just use two independent circuits from the switch to the motors?

All of your help is very greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back