Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple White Line Follower(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingmax

**broken link removed**

Bottom view. Only 2 LEDs and 2 LDRs are used. The chassis was from an old PC mouse.

**broken link removed**

Top view. Motors, gear box and chassis.

**broken link removed**

Main PCB and electronics components. Major components are P16F684 and L293D. That's why it's called Simple Line Follower. Speed, sensitivity and differential motors drive can be software adjusted.

**broken link removed**

Programming/ development stage.

**broken link removed**

Final product.

Please see it in action:

https://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_MmrdH4oc

Or

https://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj148/wingmax2/?action=view&current=Testrun.flv

It still needs improvement. I want it to go faster especially going around curves. I also want to run it on a more difficult track.

Last edited:
Looks great, nice use of an old mouse too. To go faster you could change the gear ratio with the dual gearbox. What sensors did you use for the line followers?

That's a great-looking little unit! Good job.

Torben

Thanks for the nice comments. :) :)

The sensors are just ordinary LDR. The two transmitter LEDs are high intensity LED. They draw about the same current as the ordinary LED but are a lot brighter. I also use ADC to adjust motor speed. The more light received from the LDR the slower the corresponding motor speed.

The gear ratio I'm using now is 38.2:1, which is the second lowest gear ratio. I did try the lowest ratio but it's actually slower when the wheels touch the floor. I think it's because the wheels are bit too big and thick ( but look nice :D ), which put on too much load on the small motors. So when the gear was on lowest ratio, the wheels spin faster before they touch the floor. But as soon as they touch the floor, they slow right down.

Use his project for your project? Why can't you make your own?

*signs ramil up for as many spam sites that send sick animal p0rn*

Seriously, it should be against the rules to post email adresses on the open forum.

I see that everyone is impressed with your job. I will be impressed too, but the stupid college block the picture and video from many websites. This really suck, btw I think you did a great Job on it because i never see many appreciation in a thread.

When, I will be back home I might visit the site again and see it.

thats nice!.. i like the way it was contructed.. honestly our school project is just like that.. and im looking for some info regrading WHITE LINE TRACER and walla!!! i found some resources.. thanks for the idea dude!!!
.. but i was wondering if the sensors will also work at a 4-wheeled cars, etc?.. i mean the number of sensors?.. any comments?.. thankz!!..

Hi,Im also building a simple line follower as one part of my project. Is it posible to do so using a micromater (siemens)...By the way I'm new so be gentle:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back