Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple transistor flip flop wont work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i am building this flip flop:

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand:Transistor_Bistable.svg

R1 = R2 = 1k and R3 = R4 = 10k

the voltage is 6.2V

The thing is when i measure the collectors the left one is @ 4.7V and the right one is @ 4.6V

When i ground the left base i get a collector voltage of 5.8V and the left collector voltage is 4.1V

when i connect the right base to the ground the left collector is 4.2v and the right collector is 5.8V

when i disconnect the base from ground both collectors go back to 4.7V and 4.6V.

i am using 2n2222 transistors.

i replaced all the transistors and measured them none of them seems broken but i changed them for new ones anyway and still it wont work....

What am i doing wrong? I am missing the point i guess...

hi,
Most likely you have the 2N2222 pins incorrectly wired.

It seems i have used a MPS2222 and there the C and E are changed ..... but i have used the same transistor for a simple voltage regulator... and that one works .... how can that be? I'll turn the transistors around and check if that works

It seems i have used a MPS2222 and there the C and E are changed ..... but i have used the same transistor for a simple voltage regulator... and that one works .... how can that be? I'll turn the transistors around and check if that works

Solve the bi-stable problem first, then post the circuit for Vreg

Transistors will work reversed in some circuits, but will have a very low gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back