Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple RF control

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourpaws

Hi: I don't know anything about RC controls. But, I need a real, real simple system. Like a keyless entry for a car, I need a simple momentary "on-off" push button that will then control a relay or power transistor to switch 3.6V DC "on" to run a small motor. When the button on the "fob" is released, the relay/transistor shuts "off." No timers needed. The range isn't going to be over 3 feet. The motor will draw a max of 1.2 A. Size and power efficiency are the most important. I'll be using a CR2 battery to run the motor, and whatever coin battery is needed for the transmitter and receiver. Maybe the CR2 can run the receiver as well without causing a continuous drain?

The receiver and motor will be contained in an aluminum housing. However, I could make one end piece of the assembly from plastic so that the receiver would work. I really don't want an antenna dangling about.

Can anyone design and build a prototype for me? I'll pay whatever is reasonable.

Thanks so much!

Don

Last edited:
fourpaws,

You should go back and edit your post to remove your email address immediately. Bots search these out on forums and spam you. Forums are meant for open discussions, so everyone can benefit, not to get solutions by private email.

"Real simple system" is usually a trade off between "cheap" and "easy"

Google:FOB transmitter receiver

Lots of commercial options.

Ken

Real Simple RF Control

Thanks for the hint about my email. I'll correct that.

What I ment by real simple is I don't need any functions besides "on" when the button is depressed, and "off" when it's released. No timers, etc. A auto system has all kinds of stuff I don't need.

Unit cost is not a concern at this time. Just small and totally reliable.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back