Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple rc car project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martelo

:) hello, i'm trying to build an rc car but i don't know how. i've search for a long time but they were very complicated. i just finished from a mecatronic school and this is my next project. i'm looking for a simple rc car project. I want to buy a transmitter and receiver to build it but i want to be shure that it can work:eek: . sorry my bad inglish, i'll be waiting for an answer.:rolleyes:

Hey there. Yes, they can get complicated. I added remote control to my son's toy car and while a fun project, it was time consuming.

I posted the results on CNCZone, in the Electronics forum: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956

At the core of the project is the Wi-232DTS transceiver. It's basically a wireless RS-232 that, once configured, is as transparent. They have an EU version that uses your 868Mhz range of unlicensed spectrum. The range is great too - I estimate a couple of miles. I've run it outside on a flat field until I could barely see it in the horizon but all controls continued to work and status data were received without problems.

If I can be of help, post a note here.

JR

JRoque, thanks a lot for answering my reply. that's not waht i was looking for, i was not very especific. i am trying to build a very, very simple mini rc car, that works. then i was thinkin about adding stuff to make it better, because i've never builted one. i have to start with the simpliest project i can find. im not very good with projecting circuits. I was hoping someone wood help. i stoped looking for transmitter and receiver schematics because i'ts very confusing, so i'm thinking about buying a kit, allthough i wanted to be sure i cood built it and not wasting time and monney. all the best...

No problem, Martelo. If you can't find a kit, try purchasing one of those very inexpensive RC toys and pick it apart. You can use those parts to build your own or at least see how it's put together.

Regards,
JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back