Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Question - Timed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanctuary

Hi,
For a science project, I need to make a circuit that starts, and then automatically turns off the (DC) motor after a certain amount of time. I did a little research and found that a 555 timer is what I need, but I really am confused about how I would set it up for any given time length.

Not quite. It seems like that design involves the motor turning on after a certain amount of time, I want the motor to already be on, and turn off after a certain amount of time (maybe 5-30 secs)

I didn't look at the link, but perhaps you could invert the output of the circuit that was linked? Therefor initially it'll be on and then turn off after a certain amount of time?

sanctuary said:
Hi,
For a science project, I need to make a circuit that starts, and then automatically turns off the (DC) motor after a certain amount of time. I did a little research and found that a 555 timer is what I need, but I really am confused about how I would set it up for any given time length.
Do you want to start the timer with a switch, or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back